When Trials Goes Beyond

Category: By - Duck -

Do you ever wonder why we often face trials and difficulties in our life? Not a single man is able to escape from the plague of problems and worries. None can ever say that everything is smooth sailing, I am perfectly happy with my life. The poor has their worries and the rich has theirs too. If you disagree with me that none is able to escape from this plague, then I invite you to reason it out with me.

The journey of life is characterized by the ups and downs that we face. Some may have more ups and some may have more downs but nevertheless they are still in the same category. The question is this; how do we react or respond whenever we face difficulties in life? We basically have two options to it, either to take it positively or negatively. Let me recommend to you a third option.

“Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.” – James 1:2-4

Pure joy!? Are you telling me to be joyful without any ill feelings whenever I face trials in life? Come on, if you are in my shoes you wouldn’t be telling me this. Yes! Pure Joy! It is something hard to grasp whenever we are in the perils of the raging storm but let me remind you again, that our Captain is in-charge and this SHIP that we are on can never sink!

The Apostle Paul sums it up in 2 Corinthians;

“For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweights them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.” – 2 Corinthians 4:17-18

Sometimes we fail to see what’s more worthwhile when we are in the midst of the storm. Whenever everything fails, turn to Jesus. He’s there. I know He’s there. Fix our eyes on Jesus He’s the author and the perfecter of our faith.

From Duck to Swan
Signing out at
9.11pm – 4th April 2007

 

3 comments so far.

  1. lamerzoid April 8, 2007 at 12:20 AM
    yes yes, consider it pure joy in whatever trials you're facing. I learnt that in bible study that day =)
  2. - Duck - April 8, 2007 at 10:52 PM
    Its not easy to accept it but yup that's what we are suppose to do.
  3. Unknown April 8, 2007 at 10:59 PM
    thanks for this entry.

Something to say?