Homesick

Category: , By - Duck -
Homesick by MercyMe

You're in a better place, I've heard a thousand times
And at least a thousand times I've rejoiced for you
But the reason why I'm broken, the reason why I cry
Is how long must I wait to be with you

I close my eyes and I see your face
If home's where my heart is then I'm out of place
Lord, won't you give me strength to make it through somehow
I've never been more homesick than now

Help me Lord cause I don't understand your ways
The reason why I wonder if I'll ever know
But, even if you showed me, the hurt would be the same
Cause I'm still here so far away from home

In Christ, there are no goodbye
And in Christ, there is no end
So I'll hold onto Jesus with all that I have
To see you again
To see you again

I've never been more homesick than now

---

A glimpse of heaven's splendour

Sometimes when we are caught in the storm we tend to lose focus on who our Captain is. Chaos stirs up a doubtful heart. Flashing lightning and ravaging thunder sends us hiding. In the midst of all these madness, we tend to have many questions. The more we ask the more doubtful we get and finally the more shaken we are. We lose sight on our Captain when we start to look at our feet. One of the frequently asked question that is directed to our Captain will definitely be starting with this BIG "WHY?". Why are we in this storm? Why am I going through this even as I am so faithful to you? Why is it not fair that only calamities befall upon me and not unto others?
Why on earth am I here for? Why...Why...WHY?? I am pretty sure we all fall into this same scheme of the heart.

We all know that God's way are pure and perfect. We know that He allows storm to crash in for a reason. Sometimes we seek for this reason and for answers. There is a line that hit me when I was listening to this song by MercyMe.

"Help me Lord cause I don't understand your ways
The reason why I wonder if I'll ever know
But, even if you showed me, the hurt would be the same
Cause I'm still here so far away from home"

Even if you showed me, the hurt would be the same. Nothing changes when we get to know WHY. Perhaps we may get clarity but we are still in the storm. Imagine, does it really help if you get to know the reason , when you are already in the midst of a storm with breakneck winds and rain that slams like millions of needles unto your skin. Wouldn't it be better if we take a turn to our attitudes and start looking at the Captain? He stands firm in the storm and He leads us through the storm. If you remember, our Captain has the power to calm the storm. He commands the wind and the waves. Storms are stilled by Him. So, what's your choice? Continue to wallow in a sea of confusion with all the WHYS or choose to look at the Captain that is bigger than the storm.
The choice is yours.

"I love you, O LORD, my strength. The LORD is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer, my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge. He is my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold" - Psalm 18:1,2

From Duck to Swan
Signing out at 6:32pm - started 30th January- completed 3rd February 2008

 

0 comments so far.

Something to say?